Thursday, June 25, 2009

Quick Hit at the Open

I've said a number of times that I don't like leaving stop loss orders in at the open if a stock is close to stopping out, as the opening 15 minutes are often not indicative of a days action. Today this came true as I was whipsawed out of (PWRD) in the opening minute of trading - I wasn't watching the market at the time.

The stock promptly recovered and I purchased it back again at the same price, $30.15, adding a secondary buy at $30.74 as it made a new high. This stock has the massive ramp up in volume that has accompanied the winning stocks I've had in the past, we'll see if (PWRD) can do the same. I've definitely seen my optimism of earlier this year as I've struggled and made far too many mistakes. It's time to get back on track now.

No comments: