Wednesday, June 3, 2009

New Buy:(SNDA)

I bought (SNDA) today as it hit a new high on earnings news. The stock was not coming out of any kind of consolidation, but I thought I would take a shot at it because often a stock breaking to a new high on earnings news can have a very powerful move.

In this case, it didn't happen. ADR's took a hit across the board today, so perhaps that dampened (SNDA's) move, but regardless I'm down a couple percent. My stop is at 5% so we'll see what happens tomorrow.

On the positive side, (ARST) made another new high and even traded above $19 intraday. At this point I have the cushion I look for prior to earnings next Thursday, but of course that could change over the next week. As long as I'm up at least 10% in the stock I will hold it through the earnings release, otherwise I will sell it.

No comments: