Friday, August 21, 2009

Back to Cash

A bit of a delayed post here. Monday's market wipeout took out all of my stops and put me 100% cash. After the day's action IBD called the Market in Correction.

I'm not going to do anymore 'self-flagellation' as my friend puts it. I've made every mistake you can make investing. I've analyzed it and talked about it here.

Actions speak louder than words and that's why I'm not posting any big promises here anymore. I've refined and documented my rules and they are sound. All that's left is to watch the market and follow the rules.

On a positive note, I'm amazed at the response I've gotten to the forums I set up. It turns out people actually read this blog, and almost everyone who contacts me expresses that they can relate to my situation and feels we have quite a bit in common. It certainly makes any serious undertaking easier when you meet others in a similar situation - and it's great to see that there are a number of us all trying to succeed in this venture.

I believe we can do a great deal to help each other along the way.

No comments: