Tuesday, December 9, 2008

New Buy:(ACM)

I added (ACM) to my portfolio today. This stock comes from a weak group (builders) but it's an infrastructure play. I like the chart a lot, it's had heavy accumulation the past 4 weeks or so. It's close to a 52 week high and after that an all time high, and it IPO's within the past few years which is also good.

On the downside, I probably bought a little high. IBD described the ideal buy point at $27.30 based on a cup with handle pattern. If it did form a handle, it's flawed. I actually think this stock can be purchased when it clears the whole cup pattern at $32.51.

Once again the market had an alright day, down but on lower volume and the volatility seems to still be easing down. The holidays might help that to come back to normal levels.

No comments: