Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Sell Stop:(CLR)

I stopped out on my (CLR) position today at $75 for a 2% loss.

I could write a bunch of fancy sounding jargon about a capitulation day, about how the stock reversed and closed in the upper half of the range, how I was shaken out, etc...

It's all bull crap. I opened my last post with the only statement that matters "I broke the first rule of CAN SLIM investing today..."

Until I have the discipline to follow my own rules, I will never be a successful trader. It just isn't any more complicated than that.

That's not all that's required to be successful - but it's the first step. Nothing else will work without that foundation. No amount of effort or knowledge can save me from myself, until I decide to follow the rules of the system I claim to be using. Though I've said it before, I hope this is a turning point. I hope I've embarrassed myself enough to finally check the ego at the door and trade a machine - without hopes or fears and always putting the odds as much in my favor as possible.

That's all for now - I'm going to keep watching for a follow through day, and when it comes I'll be ready. I know WHEN to pick a winner - during a rally. I know HOW to pick a winner, I've owned a few. I know when to SELL a stock - and I put it in writing. Now it's time to start acting on what I know, not what I feel or think.

-Geoff

No comments: