Sunday, May 4, 2008

New Additions

Just wanted to take a quick moment to let anyone who's reading this via subscription or feed reader know about some of the things I've added to the site.

I added a yahoo portfolio widget and I keep it up-to-date with my holdings. It's the best stock widget I've found because it includes a little chart and recent news for each stock. It also allows anyone to enter a ticker and get quotes, charts, and info from yahoo finance.

I've also begun posting my returns from the day I started investing 'seriously.' I include any prior years results, the current year's results, and overall results from day one. I also list both real and annualized returns. I'll update my results weekly.

After some thought I've also decided that I will continue to post new buys I make with the reasons for the purchase. For me, this is the most valuable part of this process - it really keeps me honest. It's harder to make a risky move when I have to come here and try to justify it. My goal is to post about any new buy and the reasons for it the day I make the purchase, after the market's close. I will disclose the price at which I purchased the stock - including commissions, but not how many shares I bought. I added a disclaimer to the site which should be obvious - I'm not making any recommendations, I only recount my activity and experiences.

-Geoff

No comments: