Saturday, September 26, 2009

Sell Stop:(FUQI), New Buy:(HMIN)

I never got much more than 5% in my position in (FUQI), and on 9/18 I stopped out for an 8% loss - the first since my 'new beginning' this year. I'm now 0-1-1.

I took that money and invested it in (HMIN), another small Chinese stock I've been watching that had actually broken out a few days earlier. It was back within a percent of the buy point so I picked it up there.

Having said that, I will hold (EJ), which now has the stop at breakeven, and (HMIN) until they profit or stop out, but after that I will not reload until I see the market acting differently. Right now I just don't see leading stocks leading, breakouts are having trouble, and it's just very, very hard to make a profit. That's not the time to have money in the market.

I don't want to get in the business of predictions, but I think it's reasonable that the market needs to correct before we'll have another nice opportunity. Until then I'll keep watching and do my best to be ready the next time there is a chance to profit.

No comments: