Sunday, April 19, 2009

New Buy:(TNDM)

The chart for (TNDM) looks even better now than it did the first time I bought it about a month ago. Of course I wish I hadn't sold it then at $22.90, but I had a good reason and was playing the odds so I really shouldn't regret the decision.

Instead, I've watched the stock and the overall market, and given the positive action of both I looked for another opportunity to purchase (TNDM). I got my chance when the stock pulled back to the 50 day moving average on April 8th, rebounding to close in the upper 60% of the day's trading range. This was a positive test of support, so from that point I looked for the stock to trade higher on volume 50% above average levels.

It did so on Friday, and at the same time passed a conservative buy point of $26.46 - ten cents above the recent high set prior to the 50 dma bounce. My order went through for $26.50, and the stock finished the day above the buy point on big volume, almost twice average.

I have one more buy stop order in for another stock that I like, and after that I will sit tight. My only concern now is that the market is certainly due for a pullback, and with my purchases being so recent I run the risk of getting stopped out. Nonetheless, I can't see the future so when I see a breakout on a strong stock in a market that is acting well, I buy it.

No comments: