Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Sell Stop:(SOL)

Well, I got my answer today, as (SOL) seemed to fall completely apart minutes after the open. It fought it's way back to $21 briefly intraday, only to drop into the close again and finish up at $19.65. It is now once again below every moving average.

While there really is no bright side to a day like this, the volume was only 30% higher than average, which indicates that not everyone was heading for the exits. Small consolation.

I stopped out of both my positions at $20.20 - I was net ($8) on the whole deal. I maintain my original position in the stock at $15.25 - for now. I never wanted to assume any risk on these new buys though, given the change in the complexion of the market and the stock.

From this point I'll need to see the stock retake the 50 dma in fairly short order. I don't know why the buying hasn't come back in as I expected, and it doesn't matter. I must admit though my curiosity is overwhelming. How could this stock be a rocket six weeks ago, only to now find next to no support? Someone bought the 10 million shares in the secondary offering, and paid $20.50 a share for them. Why aren't they supporting the stock now to keep it at that level, at least?

Again - I must remind myself it doesn't matter. The only thing that's important is the price and volume action of the stock - and those have gone from fantastic a month ago to abysmal now.

-Geoff

No comments: